Annual Residents Meeting of the Parish of Bainbridge
Wednesday 7th May 2019 at 6.30pm at Sycamore Hall, Bainbridge
The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 2nd May 2018 were approved.
2. Chairman’s Review of the Year 2018/2019
Travellers – 2018
A few of the travellers in 2018 had proved extremely problematic and so a review alongside the police was taking place in order to set up some new arrangements.
The Chairman wished to express this thanks to Karen Prudden for her excellent work looking after the cemetery. He also Thanked Tim Prudden for his work at the cemetery.
The project to extend the cemetery is underway and the money has now been set aside.
A thank you to Paul and Matthew and Christopher Metcalfe for the work they do for the village.
A thank you to Gill for keeping us on the correct path.
3. Arrangements for Travellers – 2019
Yvonne Peacock and Karen Prudden had a meeting with the police. The following actions decided: –
The site on Bainbridge Village Green is to be a managed site.
Leaflets will be distributed to the travellers by Police stating the terms of the site.
Leaflets will be distributed to the residents outlining contact points and the terms of the site
The Appleby website will be updated with the details of the managed site
There will be signs posted up on the village with the terms of the site
4. Matters arising from the minutes of the 2018 meeting and other issue of concern to the Residents
Residents have expressed concern over the amount of dog faeces left on the village green by dog walkers. The council are considering requesting a visit from the Richmondshire Dog warden.
It was agreed that there should be no dogs allowed on the play area and a resident has offered to improve the signs to make this clear.
Lords of the Manor – Thomas Tennant will report that some of the white posts need attention on the greens.
Bus Shelter – The roof needs some attention.
Cllr James Peacock will speak with Teasdale builders to see what needs to be done.
Cllr James Peacock will clean the millennium sign in the village.
5. Date of the next meeting
It was confirmed that the next Residents meeting would take place on Wednesday 6th May 2020
Meeting closed 7pm
Election of County Councillor – Nominations invited
New Noticeboard at Countersett
Flu Clinics at Hawes & Aysgarth Surgeries
2019 ‘Flu Clinics at Hawes; Aysgarth
Surgeries are now open for bookings.
All patients eligible for a ‘Flu jab
should contact their local surgery as
soon as possible either by phone or by
calling in to make an appointment.
Hawes – 01969 667200
Aysgarth – 01969 663222
Patients with a BMI of over 40 are eligible this
year. Vaccine for the over 65s is due to arrive
at the end of September.
Using our GP Practice for this NHS service
helps maintain our two surgeries.
Upper Dales Health Watch
Notice of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places
A Good Life Project – Vision 2028
The Upper Dales Community Partnership are in the process of collating surveys to form part of the ‘Good Life Project’. The analysis from the surveys will help to identify services and facilities which people living in the dales consider important to them as well as highlighting which services/facilities are not being met at present. Further information about the project see downloadable copy of the survey. please click here.
- Burned maps evoke ‘sense of loss’ for Dales ash trees 10th September 2019
- ‘Dairy Days’ to open at DCM 6th September 2019
- Malham peregrine young disperse 2nd September 2019
- Volunteers clear flood debris from bridleway 12th August 2019
- Minister visits flood-hit Yorkshire Dales 9th August 2019
- Bridleway repaired with helicopter help 23rd July 2019
- ‘Yorkshire Day’ celebrated at National Park Centres 22nd July 2019
- YDNPA–Planning committee September 2019 16th September 2019
- YDNPA – Planning Committee August 2019 17th August 2019
- YDNPA – Planning Committee July 2019 16th July 2019
- YDNPA Planning Committee, John Blackie and “cherry picking”decisions 16th July 2019
- Remembering David 15th July 2019
- YDNPA- Planning committee June 2019 13th June 2019