Minutes of Council Meeting 6th January 2016

Ordinary Meeting: Wednesday 6th January 2016 at 7pm at Sycamore Hall, Bainbridge

1. Consideration of Apologies for Absence
Cllr Yvonne Peacock was unable to attend the meeting due to ill health.

2. Minutes of Parish Council Meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 4th November 2015 were approved.

3. Declaration of Interest (declarations need to be re-stated for the minutes even if an interest has been declared in the register).
No declaration of interest were made.

4. Clerk’s report on actions taken for the period 28 October to 29 December 2015 and ongoing / new parish items
The Clerk’s resignation was received. It was suggested the vacancy for the job be advertised in the Upper Wensleydale Newsletter and on the Parish Council Website. Action: Parish Clerk

4.1 Cemetery – standing item
i. The Councillors received the tenders for the grass cutting in the cemetery. Cllr Percival is to speak to John Banks of Hawes regarding the works further. Action: Cllr Percival
ii. It was reported that the new notice board is now in situ in the cemetery and is looking very good.
iii. There were no further issues to be discussed.

4.2 Highways Issues – standing item
i. It was noted that Lee Robinson (Street Light Engineer) is still investigating of a new street light as suggested in previous meetings.
ii. The Councillors received the letter from Ian Elliott regarding the Worton village sign. Action: Cllr Tennant to look into fixing it.
iii. The Councillors noted the contents of the email dated 23rd December 2015 and the letter dated 30th November 2015 regarding changes to the budget for the bus services within Wensleydale.
iv. The Councillors received the email from Amy at the Highways Authority regarding the Parish Council Workshops. Cllr Kettlewell proposed the Parish Clerk attend one of the workshops. Action: Parish Clerk
v. The Councillors received the email from a resident within Bainbridge regarding the traffic up Back Syke. The Councillors thanked the resident for their comments and appreciate their concerns and will continue to monitor the issue.
vi. Cllr Kettlewell enquired about the possibility of hiring Paul Metcalfe to clear out the gutters up and around Raydale. The Councillors agreed that this was acceptable. Cllr Kettlewell also confirmed that the saplings would also be cut back on a voluntary basis as last year.
vii. The following Highways Issues were reported:-
a. Quaker Bridge at Semerwater, it appears to have moved a further 2-3 inches.
b. The drains on the road from Stake Hill / Blean to Bainbridge require urgent attention and repair.
c. The road around the Crescent in Bainbridge is in need of repair.
Action: Parish Clerk to report the issues to the Highways Authority

4.3 Parish Caretaker – standing item
The Parish Caretaker informed the council that he is currently conducting a lot of work on the drains around the Parish. It was asked if he could take a look at the noticeboards as they have been affected badly by the wet weather.

4.4 RDC – Upper Dales Area Partnership – standing item
It was noted that the meeting schedule for Wednesday 16th December was postponed and will be rearranged in the new year.

4.5 Local Health Issues – standing item
i. It was noted that a meeting was held on Monday 23rd November 2015 at Hawes Surgery.
ii. The email from Jane Ritchie was noted and it was proposed that the poster provided was to be displayed in the Parish noticeboards. Action: Parish Clerk
iii. A member of the public enquired about issues regarding the protocol for calling out the Air Ambulance following the death of Ralph Daykin. Action: The MoP would send an email with all details to the Parish Clerk who would then pass the enquiry on to Jane Ritchie.
iv. A member of the public expressed their concerns regarding the new prescription service and that it is not suitable to the older generation. Action: The MoP would also send the details to the Parish Clerk who would forward them on to Jane Ritchie.

4.6 Village Green and Appleby Travellers
i. It was noted that the findings to the survey regarding the Appleby Travellers were yet to be received. Action: Parish Clerk to chase.
ii. The Councillors received the publication from Richmondshire District Council regarding the new Dog Fouling Campaign. Cllr Percival proposed that the Parish Council opt in to the scheme bearing in mind the problems with dog fouling in and around the Parish.
iii. A member of the public reported a large amount of horse excrement on the Roman Road. Cllr Percival confirmed he would monitor the situation and if it continued the matter would be reported to Environmental Health.
iv. A member of the public reported the damage made to Bainbridge village green close to the quoits area from the use of a quad bike in the recent wet weather conditions. Action: Cllr Percival to have a word with the owner of the quad bike.

4.7 Children’s Play Area
i. It was confirmed that the piece for the castle slide had been received. Action: Parish Clerk to pass the piece to Cllr Brown for repair
ii. It was reported that underneath the Zip Wire was extremely slippery with large puddle forming. Action: Parish Caretaker to fill with sand
iii. It was suggested that the donation box at the park is in the wrong position and not generating many donations. It was felt that if the donation box was placed close to the picnic bench more donations would be received. Action: Parish Clerk to look into the cost of a new one and Cllr Percival to look into the possibility of moving the existing box.

4.8 Open Spaces and Maps of Parish Land
i. It was agreed that the Councillors would attend an extraordinary meeting to discuss the areas of land to be registered. This would be on Wednesday 27th January 2016 at 7pm at Cllr Brown’s house.

5. Finance
5.1 Current cash balance as at 29.12.15 (taking into account payments for authorisation, income and transfer of funds to 01.01.16).

Current Account 7489 = £1,273.96

Deposit Account 9259 = £1,856.78

Special Deposit Account 3065 = £4,761.89 (includes £190.39 for Play Area and £4,216.24 for Green Fund) Remainder = £355.26

5.2 Payments / Transfer
The following payments were authorised:-
i. £300.00 to Metcalfe and Gibson for digging of grave (authorised in previous meeting but cheque accidentally destroyed)
ii. £14.40 to NYCC (Yorwaste) for waste contract (01/10/15 to 31/12/15) (authorised in previous meeting however cheque addressed to wrong recipient)
iii. £51.11 to Playdale Playgrounds for rope for castle slide (authorised in previous meeting however price decreased from quote)
iv. £84.00 to C H Fawcett & Sons for Christmas tree
v. £12.75 to Wensleydale Press for cemetery plan
vi. £47.20 to Roger Duval for extra work and refunds
vii. £117.82 to Katie Seal for refunds
viii. £14.40 to NYCC (Yorwaste)
ix. £40.00 to Roger Duval for extra work.

The following standing orders were noted:-
i. £240.00 to Roger Duval on 28/11/15
ii. £146.08 to Katie Seal on 28/11/15
iii. £240.00 to Roger Duval on 28/12/15
iv. £146.08 to Katie Seal on 28/12/15

5.3 Income
It was noted that there was no income received.

5.4 Parish Precept & Budget
The Councillors confirmed the Budget for the 2016/17 financial year. Cllr Brown proposed an increase in the precept of 5%.

6. Planning

6,1 New Applications
It was noted there were no new planning applications.

6.2 Ongoing Applications
i. 14/03/08 – R/52/37C – Chapel Farmhouse, Countersett – Not Yet Decided
ii. R/52/185B – West Close Cottage, Stalling Busk – Not Yet Decided
iii. R/52/218 – Field SD91468744, Marsett Lane, Countersett – Not Yet Decided
iv. R/52/218A – Field SD91874644, Marsett Lane, Countersett – Not Yet Decided
v. R/52/219 – Stable Cottage, Marsett – Not Yet Decided

6.3 Planning Appeal / Enforcements
R/52/139B – Wood End, Countersett – Outline planning permission for conversion of barn to form self-contained holiday accomodation

7. Items from External Organisations
7.1 The BAWB Collaboration
The Councillors received the letter dated 27th November 2015 regarding the proposed moved to a Federation. Karen Prudden explained that Bainbridge, Askrigg and West Burton would be entering into a Federation where the 3 schools form a legal formation. There will be no impact on the children but ultimately it saves money. The Councillors agreed that this would be a positive change.

7.2 Register of Electors
It was noted that the Register is now available for inspection. Action: Parish Clerk to publish details on the Parish website

7.3 The Dales & Bowland
The Councillors received the letter dated 15th December 2015 from the Dales and Bowland Community Interest Group. Unfortunately, at this time, a financial donation would not be able to be made.

9. Date of Next Meeting
It was confirmed that the next meeting is to be held on Wednesday 2nd March 2016 at Sycamore Hall, Bainbridge.